There are provisions on cruel behavior under the Muslim marriage law. Cruelty is any conduct or behavior which causes harassment in the mind of the spouse. Under the Muslim law, cruelty is specifically understood as when your husband:
- Habitually assaults you or physically abuses you.
- Has sexual intercourse with other women.
- Forces you to lead an immoral life.
- Disposes of your property and prevents you from exercising your legal rights over it.
- Obstructs you from practicing your religion.
- In a scenario where he has more than one wife and does not treat you equally as compared to the other wives.