The provision of going to Court to divorce a spouse, is only available for women. The law allows you to go to the Court to divorce your husband for the following reasons:
Absence of Husband
- When your husband has been missing for over 4 years.
- When your husband goes to jail for 7 years or more.
- When your husband fails to pay maintenance for 2 years.
Illness or Incapacity
- When your husband is impotent.
- When your husband is suffering from insanity or an incurable venereal disease.
- If your marriage took place before the age of 15 years.
- If your husband treats you in a cruel manner.
- When your husband does not perform his marital obligations such as consummation and cohabitation.
All these grounds are subject to certain conditions which you should consult a lawyer to understand more.0