- Patient Rights in India
- Obtaining Information About Medical Records or Reports
- Non-Discrimination Among Patients
- Transparency in Rates of Medicines and Treatments
- Right to Confidentiality, Dignity and Privacy
- Right to Second Opinion
- Protection for Patients in Clinical Trials and Biomedical Research
- Referral and Transfer to Doctors or Hospitals
- Right to Choose Source for Medicines/Tests
- Safe and Quality Healthcare
- Complaining Against Doctors or Hospitals
- Patient Education
- Discharge of Patients
- Choosing Alternative Treatment Options
- Right to Emergency Medical Care
- Informed Consent for Medical Procedures
What information should a medical record contain?
Can a doctor prescribe medication for me without diagnosing me first?
How can I find a reliable doctor?
Can I complain against medical negligence under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019?
What is the National Essential Medicines List?
Is a doctor allowed to reveal or share any details learned during treatment of a patient?
Can a doctor refuse to treat me?
What information should a discharge summary contain?
Do I have any duties as a patient while getting healthcare?
Who ensures that clinical trials are ethically conducted?
Can an RTI (Right to Information) application be filed to get information from a private hospital?
What is a clinical establishment?