- If one spouse is a lineal ascendant of the other. A lineal ascendant includes a father, mother, grandfather and grandmother, but also great grandfather and great grandmother and so on.
- If one spouse is the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other. A lineal descendant will include not only children and grandchildren but also great grandchildren and their children as well.
- If the two spouses are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or first cousins.
- If one spouse is the
- Ex spouse or widow(er) of your sibling or
- Ex spouse or widow(er) of your father’s or mother’s sibling or
- Ex spouse or widow(er) of your grandfather’s or grandmother’s sibling.
In some cases, despite a relationship being prohibited by law, a person’s custom might still permit a marriage with another person. In this case, they can get married because their custom allows them to do so