[Trigger Warning: The following content contains information on physical violence which some readers may find disturbing.]
For crimes of acid attack, medical and rehabilitation facilities must be provided to survivors free of cost:
- They must be given free first aid and medical treatment.
- They must be provided with a medical certificate free of cost that may be used for further treatment in other hospitals.
- The police have to provide a complainant with a copy of the FIR, free of charge.
- Further medical treatment is usually paid for through the:
- Compensation Scheme for Women Victims/Survivors of Sexual Assault/other Crimes 2018, National Legal Services Authority, accessed at https://wcd.nic.in/sites/default/files/Final%20VC%20Sheme_0.pdf.