This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Sexually touching a child is considered as Sexual Assault1 by the law.
A person is committing sexual assault of a child if they:
- Touch a child with a sexual intent anywhere on their body. This includes their vagina, penis, anus, breast of any child with a sexual intent.
- Force a child to touch their own or anyone else’s vagina, penis, anus, breast.
The punishment for this can range from a jail time upto five years to a life in prison along with a fine.2
In cases where the person committing Sexual Assault, falls under this particular list, then the crime is considered to be a higher degree of crime known as Aggravated Sexual Assault.3 The person will be given a higher degree of punishment.0
- Section 7, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- Section 8, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- Section 9, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.