Some of the common forms of cyber-stalking are, when a man:
- Persistently contacts you on different modes of social media, for example texting you on WhatsApp and Facebook, even after you have shown your disinterest in him.
- Uses social media to get all your personal information and pictures.
- Sends you emails containing obscene images and videos, displaying nude or morphed pictures along with threats and abuses. Posts obscene/nude pictures of you on the internet or on a pornographic website.
- Posts obscene and vulgar comments about you on social media with threats to kill or rape you.
- Monitors your activity by accessing your computer’s webcam or your computer device.
- Section 354D, Indian Penal Code, 1860; The Criminal Law Amendment Act, 2013