An employer employing an adolescent working in his establishment has to perform certain duties:
Maintaining a Register
As an employer you have to maintain a register which should have the following details:
- Name and date of birth of every adolescent working at your establishment.
- Hours and periods of work of the adolescent.
- Intervals of rest.
- Nature of work of any such adolescent.
When an adolescent is employed for work, the Working Hours and Days and the Health and Safety has to be guaranteed to ensure that adolescent is treated fairly and humanely.
Sending the notice to the Inspector
As an employer employing a child worker you will have to send a notice to the Inspector. This has to be done within 30 days of hiring an adolescent. The notice should contain the following details:
- Name and location of the establishment.
- Name of the employer.
- Nature of the employment
- Work done by the establishment.
If you don’t fulfill your duties as an employer you can be jailed for a maximum period of a month or be fined a maximum amount of Rs. 10,000 or both.