An employer employing an adolescent working in his establishment has to perform certain duties:
Maintaining a Register
As an employer you have to maintain a register which should have the following details:
- Name and date of birth of every adolescent working at your establishment.
- Hours and periods of work of the adolescent.
- Intervals of rest.
- Nature of work of any such adolescent.
Sending the notice to the Inspector
As an employer employing a child worker you will have to send a notice to the Inspector. This has to be done within 30 days of hiring an adolescent. The notice should contain the following details:
- Name and location of the establishment.
- Name of the employer.
- Nature of the employment
- Work done by the establishment.
If you don’t fulfill your duties as an employer you can be jailed for a maximum period of a month or be fined a maximum amount of Rs. 10,000 or both.