There is no standard amount of money awarded as maintenance for parents. It is decided on a case-by-case basis. The amount due to you will be decided by the court taking into account a number of factors, such as:
- Status and standard of living of the child or legal heir
- Your needs and requirements (reasonably calculated)
- Whether you are living separately from your child or legal heir
- Income, wealth and value of the child or legal heir’s properties.
- Income, wealth and value of your properties.
- Number of persons who have to receive maintenance.
The judge will decide the duration of the maintenance to be paid, but in most cases the duration will be for your lifetime.