This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
When you update your Ration Card, you get a new card with the details changed, as indicated by you. Please read below for information on the details that can be updated, and the procedure for updation.
You can update the following details:
- The number of family members covered
- Your personal details, like the name, etc.
- The details of the head of the household.
- Change in address
- Your photograph and biometric details
- Any other details of the family members covered in the Ration Card1
To update your Ration Card, follow the steps given below:
Step 1 –You should go to the Circle Office, and tell them what you need to update, on the basis of which, you will be provided with the relevant application form.
Step 2 – You should fill out the application form.
Step 3 – You should submit the relevant documents. The documents required vary from state to state, and also with respect to the details you need to update. For example, if you need to add a family member to be covered under the Card, you must provide his/her birth certificate.
Step 4 – You should get your documents verified.
Step 5 – You should collect your acknowledgement slip.
Step 6 – You can then collect your Ration Card/get it delivered. Some states have the facility to download it online. For example, in Delhi, you must download it online.
If you require any additional help and support, please see here.
Read this government resource to know more0
- Process flow for existing Ration Card modifications, https://ahara.kar.nic.in/status2/docs/Direction_RC_english%20pdf.pdf