This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
To issue different government kinds of proof of identification, you will have to submit a proof of residence, which may indicate your permanent address or your communication address. For the kind of proof of identification you are applying for or updating, you can use any document from the list given below:
Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport
- Bank/Post Office Statement/Passbook
- Depending on which you are applying for, you can use the other two options between Passport, PAN Card and Aadhar. For example, if you are applying for an Aadhar card, you can use either your PAN Card or your Passport as residence proof.
- Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License
- Insurance Policy
- Disability ID Card/Handicapped Medical Certificate
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Any of the following documents, not older than 3 months:
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Telephone Landline Bill
- Credit Card Statement
- Gas Connection Bill
- Bank/Kisan/Post Office Passbook
- Ration Card, Passport, Driving License
- Income Tax Return/Assessment Order
- Latest Water/Telephone/Electricity/Gas Connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant/his immediate relations like parents, etc.
- Postal Department’s post received/delivered in the applicant’s name at the given address.
- Ration Card, Voter ID Card
- Life Insurance Policy
- Payslip issued by any office in the Central/State Government or a local body
- Post Office/Bank Passbook (indicating residential address)
- House Tax Receipt, Marriage Certificate, Income Tax Returns
For a complete list for residence proofs for Driving License refer here.
Different states have different requirements with respect to the proof of residence required while obtaining a Ration Card. However, some of the common documents accepted are1:
- If you are the owner of a house: Registration deed, allotment letter, power of attorney, house tax receipt etc.
- If you are the tenant: NOC of landlord, Rent Agreement etc.
Read this government resource to know more1
- IndiaGov Archive, Apply for Ration Card:Delhi, FAQs, https://archive.india.gov.in/howdo/service_detail.php?formid=50&service=7