This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Any woman (student, teaching, non-teaching staff) of any age at a University campus can file a complaint of sexual harassment. Apart from workplaces, Universities also must work to prevent sexual harassment.
Colleges are required by law to have 1:
- Align their sexual harassment rules to the Indian law on sexual harassment
- Treat claims of sexual harassment seriously, punishing offenders harshly and making sure they face the proceedings required by law
- Make sure staff and students know what to do and who to turn to if they are a victim of sexual harassment
- Make sure that the campus is well-lit, secure, and safe
- Set up, train, and maintain an Internal Complaints Committee
- Prepare yearly status reports with case details and half-yearly reviews of how well sexual harassment policies are working.