This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Trigger Warning: The following content contains information on sexual and physical violence which some readers may find disturbing.
When any object or any body part is penetrated or inserted into any body part of a child, it is considered to be a crime known as Penetrative Sexual Assault.
The following actions are considered Penetrative Sexual Assault1:
- Penetrating the vagina, mouth, urethra or anus of any child with a penis, another body part or an object.
- Forcing a child to use his penis to penetrate another person or thing.
- Performing oral sex on a child or forcing a child to perform oral sex on someone else.
The punishment for this can range from a jail time of ten years to life in prison along with a fine.2
In cases where the person committing Penetrative Sexual Assault, falls under this particular list, then the act is known as Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault3 and the person will be given a higher degree of punishment.0
- Section 3, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
- Section 4, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
- Section 5, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012