This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
When any object or any body part is penetrated or inserted into any body part of a child, it is considered to be a crime known as Penetrative Sexual Assault.
The following actions are considered Penetrative Sexual Assault1:
- Penetrating the vagina, mouth, urethra or anus of any child with a penis, another body part or an object.
- Forcing a child to use his penis to penetrate another person or thing.
- Performing oral sex on a child or forcing a child to perform oral sex on someone else.
The punishment for this can range from a jail time of seven years to a life in prison along with a fine.2
In cases where the person committing Penetrative Sexual Assault, falls under this particular list, then the act is known as Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault3 and the person will be given a higher degree of punishment.0
- Section 3, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
- Section 4, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012
- Section 5, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012