If a man makes any sexual actions and gestures aimed towards you that you find insulting or is something that outrages your modesty, then he will be punished under the law. This is also commonly known as eve-teasing.1
Some examples of sexual actions and gestures are:
- When you are travelling in a bus and a man inappropriately touches himself while looking at you.
- When you are walking down a street and a man makes the gesture of a flying kiss towards you.
- When a man undresses in front of you and shows sexual gestures, even when you have clearly expressed your disinterest and discomfort.
- When a man inappropriately gestures towards your body and smacks his lips.
- Deputy Inspector General of Police & Anr. Vs. S. Samuthiram, (2013) 1 SCC 598
- Section 354, Indian Penal Code, 1860