1. Go to the website of the Supreme Court of India here.
2. Click on the E-FILING menu below the HOME menu.
3. On the extreme right hand corner of the page, click on ‘New Registration’ if this is the first time a petition is being filed. If registration has already been done, proceed to step no. 7.
4. When ‘User Type’ is asked, choose ‘Petitioner in Person’ upon which the following menu will appear.
5. After filling the required information, click on the ‘Sign Up’ button at the end of the page.
6. After completing registration, go back to the ‘E-FILING’ page here.
7. Click on the ‘Login’ option.
8. The following menu will appear. Fill in the required details.
9. After logging in, the following menu will appear. Click on ‘New eFiling’.
10. The following page will be displayed. Fill in the required details. If the petition is against any decision by a lower court, then click on the ‘Lower Court’ button. Similarly, click on every category and fill in the required information.
11. Click on ‘Petition with Other Document’, if additional documents are to be submitted along with the petition.
12. After all the required information has been filled in and the payment is completed, an application number will be given.0