Sexual harassment can happen to you in these workplaces:
- Government based organizations: Any establishment, such as offices, branches, undertakings, etc.that is owned, controlled, established or financed wholly or substantially by the government, local authority or a cooperative society.
- Private sector based organizations: Any private establishment, such as non-governmental organizations, ventures, societies, trusts, etc., carrying on professional, commercial, vocational, educational, entertainment-based, industrial, health-based or financial activities.
- Unorganized sector based workplaces: Any enterprise which works in sale of goods or provides any kind of service, where the number of employees is less than 10.
- Any hospitals and nursing homes
- Any household
- Any sports institute, stadium, sports complex, etc., used for training, sports or related activities. This includes residential complexes also.
- Any place visited by an employee due to the employment. This includes employer-provided transportation for any such journey. For example, if an employee needs working in an organization in Delhi needs to visit an office in Mumbai, the transportation as well as the Mumbai office will fall within the purview of this Act.