This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The Internal Complaints Committee has to follow the regulations for taking complaints and making inquiries in a reasonable amount of time. The company or institution has to give the Internal Complaints Committee the things they need to make inquiries.0
- Section 4(2), Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.)):
- A presiding officer, who is a woman employed at a senior level
- Three students, if the matter involves students
- One member from a non-government organisation or association committed to the cause of women, or a person familiar with sexual harassment issues. This member will be paid.
- Women as at least half of its members
- No person in senior administrative positions as a member such as Vice-chancellor, Registrar, Dean, or head of department
- A three-year term for members. Higher education institutions may also employ a system where one-third of the members change every year.
If the presiding officer acts in violation of their powers, they will be removed and a new nomination will take place((Section 4(5), Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.