While driving a two-wheeler motorcycle, you have to make sure that:
- Only two people, including the driver, are sitting on the two-wheeler motorcycle1.
- The second person should be sitting on a proper seat, which is securely fixed to the two motorcycle1.
If you violate these two conditions given above, you can be:
- Fined for at least Rs. 1,000, although the applicable fine amount might vary across states.
- Disqualified from holding your driving license for a period of three months2.
Given below are the fine amounts for two states:
Fine Amount (In INR)
- Section 128(1), The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Section 194C, The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.