This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The court can compensate the child with money during the court proceedings before finally deciding the case in the form of interim compensation. The money is given to provide for the child.
To ask for compensation, the child’s parent or guardian or any other person the child trusts can file an application to the Special Court. The Special Court can award compensation to the child for his or her immediate needs, anytime after the FIR has been filed in the police station until the case is decided.
- If the accused is convicted of an act of child sexual abuse. Even if the accused is not convicted, the compensation can still be given keeping in mind the child’s welfare.
- If the accused cannot be found or traced.
- If the child has suffered any injury or loss because of the incident, then compensation can be given.
- Section 7(1), The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Rules, 2012.
- Section 7(2), The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Rules, 2012.