Name of Scheme
Odisha Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana 2021 – Health Insurance for Journalists
About the Scheme
Working journalists in Odisha have been declared frontline COVID-19 warriors by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. This announcement was made under the Odisha government’s Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana. More than 6,500 journalists in the state will benefit from this announcement.
- All working journalists will be covered for Rs. 2 lakh per annum in insurance under this scheme.
- The insurance coverage will apply to all public and private hospitals for cashless treatment.
- Journalists with a valid Health Insurance Card can receive free treatment worth up to Rs. 2 lakhs.
- Under the Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana, the Odisha government has also announced an ex gratia of Rs 15 lakh for the next kin of the journalists who die of COVID-19 while carrying out their duties.
How to Apply?
- With the use of a new Health Insurance Card, all journalists can benefit from the Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- All journalists can obtain their health card from the District Information and Public Relations Officer (DIPRO) in each district.
Additional Details- Documents Required
Validity & Timeframe
The Odisha state government made this scheme operational on June 1, 2018. Initially, this Insurance Coverage has been provided to approximately 3233 journalists from multiple media organisations. As of now, no end date has been notified by the Government.
Websites & Links
Under this scheme, a total of 167 journalists are already covered in the district of Cuttack. Find the list of names of the journalists here.0