About the Scheme:
PM Kisan Scheme is an initiative of the Government of India to provide 100% funds to the Agriculture Sector. The Government will provide income support of Rs. 6,000/- per year in three equal installments to farmers and their families. This means with each installment the Government of India will pay 2,000/- rupees.
The farmers and their families will be the beneficiaries.Family is defined under the scheme as husband, wife and minor children. There is also a list of farmers to be excluded from the scheme.
Farmers belonging to the following categories will be excluded from the scheme:
- All Institutional land holders
- Farmers who are former or present holders of constitutional posts
- Former or present ministers/ State Ministers and former/present members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/State Government Ministries/Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices/ Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs. 10,000/- or more of the above categories
- All persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices
How to Apply?
The Uttar Pradesh State Government and administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines and the fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
If farmers want to check their beneficiary status they can do so by visiting “beneficiary status” under the ‘Form’ corner of the website [available at: https://pmkisan.gov.in/BeneficiaryStatus.aspx]
- If there is any problem and the beneficiaries have not received the installments, they must ensure that KYC is done with their bank accounts.
- If one installment is received and the beneficiary is not receiving further installments, they must ensure that KYC of their account is completed.
Validity & Timeframe:
The scheme has become operational from 1.12.2018.
The first installment shall be made available in the same financial year in which the registration was done.
Websites & Links:0