Name of Scheme
One Nation One Ration Card
Introduction and Summary of Schemes
The One Nation One Ration Card Scheme was launched to ensure national operability of ration cards under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). It aims at ensuring that beneficiaries under the NFSA can access their Public Distribution System (PDS) or NFSA food grains at any ration shop in the country with ease.
Eligibility of Beneficiary
- All beneficiaries under the NFSA.
- Aims to primarily benefit migrant labourers, daily-wagers, urban poor like street dwellers, rag-pickers, domestic workers, temporary workers in organized and unorganized sectors, etc. The above groups can easily access their ration through fair price shops with biometric authentication on electronic Point of Sale (ePoS).
- 32 states (including Odisha) have been brought under the ONORC.
How to Apply?
Seventeen States implement One Nation One Ration Card system, Press Information Bureau, accessed at: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1704063
- One must have a valid ration card and Aadhaar Card to avail ration under the NFSA.
- Ration cards are issued by the relevant State Government/ UT administration. If you want to know more about applying for a ration card, read here.
- In case one does not have Aadhaar card, they can avail ration using any one of the following documents till 30th June (subject to extension).
- Aadhaar enrollment slip or a copy of their request for Aadhaar enrollment
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letterhead
- Kisan Photobook
- Address Card with name and photo issue by Department of Posts
- Any other document specified by the State or Union Territory Administration
Validity & Time Frame
- One can still avail ration if they do not have Aadhaar card using any one of the documents mentioned above till 30th June (subject to extension).
Websites & Links
- Link for applying for ration card under the National Food Security Act- https://ejawaab.aahaar.nic.in/portal/State_Food_Portals
Aadhaar advisory letter dated 215202, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, accessed at https://dfpd.gov.in/writereaddata/Portal/Magazine/AadhaarAdvisoryLetterDated2152021.pdf Aadhaar advisory letter dated 215202, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, accessed at https://dfpd.gov.in/writereaddata/Portal/Magazine/AadhaarAdvisoryLetterDated2152021.pdf Aadhaar advisory letter dated 215202, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, accessed at https://dfpd.gov.in/writereaddata/Portal/Magazine/AadhaarAdvisoryLetterDated2152021.pdf
- 5 kg of ration per person per month to be availed by all Priority Households covered under NFSA.
- Price of rice at fair price shops will be Rs. 3/Kg, wheat- Rs.2/Kg and coarse grains- Rs.1/Kg.
- Those under the Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) scheme category of the NFSA will still get 35 kg of ration per household per month at above prices.