For a registered medical practitioner to be authorised to conduct abortions, they must have the following training in the field of OB-GYN:
For Doctors enrolled on the State Medical Register immediately before 10 August 1971:
- They must have at least 3 years of OB GYN experience.
For Doctors enrolled on the State Medical Register after 10 August 1971:
They must possess either of the following qualifications:
- Must have completed six months of house surgery in OB-GYN; or
- Must have experience in any hospital for at least one year in the practice of OB-GYN; or
- Must have a postgraduate degree or diploma in OB-GYN; or
- Must have assisted a Registered Medical Practitioner in the performance of 25 cases of MTP of which at least 5 have been performed independently in a hospital established or maintained by the Government or training institute approved by the Government for this purpose.
Please login or Register to submit your answer