The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19 is an insurance scheme which provides coverage to public and private healthcare workers in case of loss of life or accidental death due to Covid-19 related work. The Scheme provides insurance cover of Rs. 50,00,000 to health care providers, including private hospital staff who are requisitioned/drafted for COVID-19 related responsibilities. With effect from 24 April 2021, the Government has extended the Scheme for a further 180 days.
To avail the Scheme, the claimant must submit the following documents:
- Claim form duly filled and signed by the nominee/claimant
- Identity proof of Deceased (Certified copy)
- Identity proof of the Claimant (Certified copy)
- Proof of relationship between the Deceased and the Claimant (Certified copy)
- Laboratory Report certifying having tested Positive for COVID-19 (in Original or Certified copy)
- Death summary by the Hospital where death occurred (in case death occurred in hospital) (Certified copy)
- Death Certificate (in Original)
- Certificate by the Healthcare Institution or organization that the deceased was an employee of and was deployed/drafted for care and may have come in direct contact of the COVID-19 patient.
The claimant must fill up the form, and submit the form along with the above mentioned documents to the Healthcare Institution. The respective institution will give necessary certification and forward it to the competent authority authorized by the State Government for this purpose.
If there is a claim, the claimant must inform the institution/department the insured person was working for as well as the insurance company (Email id firstname.lastname@example.org). Please see this FAQ document on the Insurance Scheme here for more information.
Please login or Register to submit your answer