Indian law stipulates three types of license plates (vehicle registration plates) for different types of vehicles. For instance:
- Registration for Central Government for defence purposes
- Armed Forces Vehicles: The number plate will have an arrow pointing upward.
- State registered motor vehicles
- Private Vehicles: A white background with black lettering.
- Commercial Vehicles: A yellow background with black lettering
- Vehicle Registration for Diplomats:
- CD/CC: Vehicles which belong to a diplomatic mission in Delhi (CD) or to any consular post (CC) or to any of its diplomatic officers, followed by the number allotted to that mission.
- CDP: Vehicle belonging to a non-diplomatic official of a diplomatic mission in Delhi, followed by the number allotted to that mission.
- UN Vehicles: The same rule of Consular Mission Vehicles applies to UN Vehicle. But instead of “CC” or “CD”, the letters “UN” are used.
Please login or Register to submit your answer