When the Court grants my child compensation for sexual abuse how is the amount decided?
The Special Court will decide the amount of compensation for the child while passing the final order based on the following:
- The type of abuse faced by the child.
- The severity of the mental and physical harm faced by the child.
- The costs incurred for medical treatment of the child.
- Loss of employment opportunity, educational opportunity and absence from school because of the mental trauma, investigation, injuries on the body and any other reason.
- Pregnancy of the child due to the incident or whether the child has contracted an STD (Sexually Transmitted disease) or HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- Any kind of physical or mental disability resulting from the incident.
Please login or Register to submit your answer