If you require help with your mental health, you can go to a mental health professional. A mental health professional refers to the following1:
- A psychiatric social worker, which requires a postgraduate degree in Social Work and a Master of Philosophy in Psychiatric Social Work of two years, including supervised clinical training from any University recognised by the University Grants Commission, or other qualifications, as prescribed2
- A professional registered with the concerned State Mental Health Authority
- A professional having a postgraduate degree (Ayurveda) in Mano Vigyan Avum Manas Roga or a postgraduate degree (Homoeopathy) in Psychiatry or a postgraduate degree (Unani) in Moalijat (Nafasiyatt) or a postgraduate degree (Siddha) in Sirappu Maruthuvam.
- Section 2(r), the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017.
- Section 2(x), the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017.