On the 1st of May, 2020 a set of directives were given for workplaces to follow, such as private offices were allowed to operate with up to 33% strength. Some additional directives have been mentioned in the guidelines by the Ministry of Home Affairs on 17th of May, 2020 for workplaces such as:
- The practice of work from home should be followed, as far as possible.
- Staggering of work/business hours shall be followed in offices, work places, shops, markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Provisions for safety measures, such as thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer, will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact, e.g. door handles etc., shall be ensured, including between shifts.
- All persons in charge of work places shall ensure social distancing through adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.