This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
In the red zones which are outside containment zones, apart from the main prohibitions given in the guidelines by the Ministry of Home Affairs on the 1st of May, 2020, the following activities are not permitted:
- Cycle rickshaws and auto rickshaws.
- Taxis and cab aggregators.
- Intra-district and inter-district plying of buses.
- Barber shops, spas and salons.
Some activities are permitted but with restrictions such as:
- Movement of individuals and vehicles
Four Wheelers vehicles will have maximum two passengers besides the vehicle driver and for two wheelers, pillion rider is not allowed.
- Industrial establishments in urban areas
All industrial activities are permitted in rural areas, but in urban areas the following are permitted:
- Only Special Economic Zones (SEZs), Export Oriented Units (EOUs), industrial estates and industrial townships with access control
- Manufacturing units of essential goods, including drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, their raw material and intermediates
- Production units, which require continuous process, and their supply chain
- Manufacturing of IT hardware
- Jute industry with staggered shifts and social distancing and,
- Manufacturing units of packaging material are permitted.
- Construction activities in urban areas
Only in situ construction (where workers are available on site and no workers are required to be brought in from outside) and construction of renewable energy projects are permitted. All construction activities are permitted in rural areas.
All malls, market complexes and markets shall remain closed in urban areas, i.e., areas within the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities. Some of the shops permitted to open are:
- Shops selling essential goods in markets and market complexes are permitted.
- All standalone (single) shops, neighborhood (colony) shops and shops in residential complexes are permitted to remain open in urban areas(essential and non-essential goods).
- All shops in rural areas, except in malls, are permitted to remain open (essential and non-essential goods).
- E-commerce activities
E-commerce activities will be permitted only in respect of essential goods.
- Private Offices
Private offices can operate with upto 33% strength as per requirement, with the remaining persons working from home.
- Government Offices
All Government offices shall function with officers of the level of Deputy Secretary and above to the extent of 100% strength. The remaining staff will attend upto 33% as per requirement. However, Defense and Security services, Health and Family Welfare, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and Emergency Services, Disaster management and related services, NIC, Customs, FCI, NCC, NYK and Municipal services shall function without any restrictions to ensure delivery of public services.
All other activities which are not specifically prohibited or permitted as per the Ministry of Home Affairs guidelines will be permitted in the Zones. However, States/ UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, and with the primary objective of keeping the spread of COVID- 19 in check, may allow only select activities from out of the permitted activities.
Please login or Register to submit your answer