Air travel of passengers, both domestic and international, was prohibited since 25 March 2020. A list of guidelines have been passed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation for resuming air travel of passengers for domestic flights starting from the 25th of May, 2020.
Some general guidelines for people are that:
- Vulnerable persons, such as very elderly, pregnant ladies, passengers with health issues are advised to avoid air travel.
- No physical check-in at airports would be done. Only those passengers with confirmed web check-in shall be allowed to enter the airport.
- Aarogya Setu app is mandatory for passengers to travel. Passengers with “Red” status in Aarogya Setu App would not be permitted to travel.
- Passengers will be required to wear the protective gear (Face mask).
- The airlines will not provide meal services on board.
- The cabin crew are required to be in a full protective suit.
- Only one check-in bag will be allowed.
- No newspaper or magazine shall be provided on board by the airlines.
- Use of baggage trolleys have to be minimised.
- Passengers should report at least two hours before the departure time.
When you enter the airport
Passengers need to follow social distancing, minimum touch, baggage limitations, COVID-I9 declaration, registration on Aarogya SetuApp, digital payments, use of authorized taxis etc. Slower processes may happen so it is advisable to avoid reaching the airport at the last minute.
- Passengers have to ensure that he/she has made a web check-in and obtained a boarding pass.
- Passengers should also download the baggage tag or baggage identification number.
- Passengers can carry one hand baggage and one checked-in baggage as per the specifications of the airline.
- Passengers, before entering the terminal have to ensure the wearing of protective gear, as per the prevailing requirement. He or she will continue to wear the mask throughout the journey.
- Passenger to report at the airport as per revised reporting time i.e, 2 hours before departure time.
- Passengers should travel in an authorized taxi/personal vehicle. During transit to the airport, the passenger should take all precautions to prevent infection.
- The passenger shall not travel if:
- He/she is staying in a containment zone.
- They have been tested positive for COVID-l9.
- They do not have the Aarogya Setu app or a self-declaration form.
- If a passenger who is not permitted to fly undertakes an air journey he/she shall be punished.
- The passenger has to give a declaration to the following effect:
- I am/We are not residing in any containment zone.
- I am/ We are not suffering from any fever/cough or any respiratory distress.
- I am/We are not under quarantine.
- If I /We develop any of the above-mentioned symptoms I shall contact the concerned health authorities. Immediately.
- I /We have not tested COVID-19 positive in the last two months.
- I am/We are eligible to travel as per the extant norms.
- I/we will make my mobile number/ contact details available to the airlines whenever required by them.
- I/we will understand that if I/we undertake the journey without meeting the eligibility criteria l/we would be liable to penal action.
- I/we undertake to adhere to the health protocol prescribed by the destination State / UT. The airlines will give the boarding pass only after the declaration given above has been made by the passenger.
- In case of a PNR having more than one passenger, the declaration would be deemed to become all the passengers mentioned in the PNR. For example, if Aman books a ticket for his wife and himself, both of them may have the same PNR. So a declaration for a PNR, applies to all passengers in that PNR.
- The passenger shall print the baggage tag and affix it on the bag at a prominent place. In case he/she is not able to print the baggage tag the PNR number and the name of the passenger (as mentioned in the ticket) should be boldly written on a piece of thick paper and affixed to the bag or tag it with the help of a strong string.
- Passengers are advised to carry minimum baggage as use of trolleys would be permitted sparingly
At the Airport: While entering the terminal building
- The passenger should get down from his/her vehicle with the face mask on and with the required documents/documents. He would continue to wear his mask throughout the journey.
- He/she should arrive at the thermal screening facility near the entry gate.
- He should get himself/herself checked for temperature. This will be done by a designated staff of the Airport. The status of the Aarogya Setu app should be displayed to the staff.
- In case of non-availability of Aarogya Setu app, the passenger will be facilitated to go to a counter provided by the airport where Aarogya Setu app can be downloaded. Children below fourteen years of age would be exempt from this requirement.
CISF Entry check point
- The passenger shall, then, move to the CISF counter at the entry check-point. He/she shall display/show his identity card, the boarding pass/-e-boarding pass to the CISF staff. The CISF staff on confirming the identity of the person shall allow him/her to enter.
- The passenger shall then proceed to the baggage drop counter. At the baggage drop counter the passenger shall display the PNR and his or her identification to the staff. The passenger shall also show/indicate the PNR number written on his/her baggage. Upon confirmation. the staff shall print the baggage tag on the bag and accept the bag. Instead of issuing a printed receipt to the passenger, an electronic receipt in the form of SMS shall be sent to the passenger.
- Passengers are mandated to adhere to the single baggage policy in the initial phase.
Social Distancing and Check-In
- Passengers are to adhere to the social distance which would be specified at the airports through markings like circle, square or tensor barrier as specified at the airport to be used by the passenger.
- Passengers have to complete the check-in procedure and baggage of at least 60 minutes before departure.
- Arrangements have been made at airports to guide passengers to walk through the pre-embarkation security screening.
- Passengers have to follow the directions as announced by the authorities and remove all metal objects from the on the body to facilitate the security screening
- Passenger should bring only one hand luggage as per specified size allowed by the airlines
- Passenger should cooperate with security staff by following the instructions for his/her own safety and security
Security Hold Area
- Passenger have to proceed to the security hold area after security screening
- While waiting in the security hold area, passenger to maintain social distancing and sanitization protocols
- Chairs marked ‘Not For Use’ should not be occupied
- In the food, beverage and retail outlets, etc, passengers should maintain social distancing and maintain hygiene. Sanitizers will also be available.
- Passenger should dispose of all the bio hazardous material Iike used masks, gloves, tissues etc. in the yellow-coloured disposable bins/bags placed at strategic locations at the airport
While Boarding the Flight
- Passengers have to be attentive towards various communication material displayed at the airport about various health advisories relating to pre-boarding and during the flight precautions
- Passengers should collect the safety kit (three-layered surgical mask and sanitizer) from the airlines near the boarding gate
- Passengers should wear a mask and sanitize his/her hands before proceeding to the boarding gate for scanning of the boarding pass
- Passengers should be attentive towards boarding announcements and reach the boarding queue by following social distancing
- Display of identity cards by passengers is a must & Check-in of the boarding pass would be done by the passenger by self-scanning of e-boarding pass
Inside the Flight
- During the flight, passengers have to strictly follow hygiene and sanitation. Face to face interaction should be minimized
- Passenger should minimize the use of toilets and avoid any non-essential movement in the aisles
- No queuing at the toilets and only one companion for children and the elderly would be allowed
- No meal service will be there in the aircraft. Water bottles will be made available in the galley area or on the seats.
- Eatables should not be consumed during the flight.
- No newspaper/ magazine or onboard sale of any item will be available
- If the passenger feels uncomfortable, fatigued or has respiratory distress, it should be brought to the immediate notice of the crew
Arrival in Destination Airport
- The disembarkation from the airlines would be sequential
- To disembark, passengers to strictly follow the instructions of the crew
- Social distance/ sanitation should be maintained at the arrival gate, aerobridges, coaches, jet ladders, ramps etc
- Trolleys in the arrival area to be used sparingly
- Passenger to wait at the baggage hold area till the baggage arrives in batches
- Transit passengers will not be allowed to come out of the transit area
Exiting the Airport
- Passengers to hire only authorized taxis from the
- Passengers to follow social distancing and hygiene while travelling in any mode of transportation
- On arrival at the destination, passengers to adhere to health protocols as prescribed by the destination State/ UT
Please login or Register to submit your answer