Vehicles are a common source of noise pollution in India. If you misuse your vehicle horn then it would be noise pollution if:
- Sound the horn in a silent zone 1
- Sounding the horn needlessly or continuously in a manner which is more than necessary to ensure your or others’ safety
- Sounding the horn during night time (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) in residential areas except during a public emergency.
- Sounding a multi-toned horn that gives an unduly harsh, shrill, loud or alarming noise.2
- Rule 5A, The Noise Pollution Rules, 2000.
- Section 119(2), Central Motor Vehicles Rules,1989.
- Section 194F(a)(ii), The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.