What are some examples of cruel behaviour that Courts have looked at under Hindu law?
Courts look at all acts of cruel behaviour that happen during the marriage and after filing the divorce. Some of the common cases of cruelty which go to Courts are:
- Demands of money or dowry leading to harassment and continuous ill-treatment which may happen before or after your marriage.
- A spouse registering various criminal cases or filing frivolous/multiple cases against you, leading to harassment.
- Getting advertisements and news published to hurt your reputation.
- When a spouse does not have sexual relations with you for a long time.
- Allegations of extramarital relationships.
- Ill-treatment by in-laws.
Please login or Register to submit your answer