This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
The Central Adoption Resource Authority issued the following specific guidelines keeping in view the situation of the COVID pandemic. They are as follows:15
- Avoid uUnwarranted physical contact with the child is to be avoided. Only the primary caregivers should interact with the child keeping due precautions
- CAll coordinateion with respect to the social investigation of the child should be done over phone and emails, with only essential physical visits, in case required.
- Follow up onof police reports should be done through phone calls and emails
- Visits to the Child Welfare Committee should be restricted. Vand more of virtual interactions are preferred.
- Social media platforms should NOT be used for declaring the child legally free for adoption. Orders passed by the State governments or State Adoption Resource Authority shouldall be immediately communicated to the designated recipient through emails.
- Timing for preparing the Home Study Report wishall be relaxed from 01 month to 03 months. At least one physical
visit must be done for the PAP’s home’s study report by the social worker. However, most of the counselling and meetings willis to be done online.
- Specialised Adoption Agencies should use the digital medical examination report module for completing the medical examination of the children.
- All information about the child for referral for the PAPs should be uploaded immediately on the CARINGS database. Any queries of the PAPs would be answered by the Specialised Adoption Agency immediately.
- The Juvenile Justice Courts requested to take up adoption cases on fast track. Courts requested to conduct the hearings online through video conferencing.
Please login or Register to submit your answer