In India, Google specifies certain kinds of advertisements as election ads:
- Those that feature a political party, a political candidate or current member of the Lok Sabha,
- Any ads that are run by a political party, political candidate, or a current member of the Lok Sabha. Advertisements by non-political entities promoting merchandise or news are not recognized by Google.
- The advertiser has to be verified by Google itself
- A pre-certificate requirement for election ads in India have to be obtained from the Election Commission of India or by the Media Certification and Monitoring Committee(MCMC). 2
- Advertising Policies, Google, available at https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6014595?hl=en.
- Reconstitution of Media Certification & Monitoring Committee , Election Commission, available at https://eci.gov.in/files/file/9356-reconstitution-of-media-certification-monitoring-committee-%E2%80%93-regarding/
Please login or Register to submit your answer