You may have to pay a fine , towing charges and any related charges if you do the following:
- You park your vehicle in a place where parking is prohibited or leave it unattended for more than 10 hours. Your vehicle can also be removed by towing or in any other manner (such as, wheel clamping) by a police officer1.
- You leave a vehicle unattended, abandoned or damaged, and is positioned in a manner that is leading to a traffic hazard or impediment. Your vehicle can also be immediately removed by a towing service, as directed by a police officer2.
Given below are the fine amounts and towing charges for two states:
|State||Fine Amount (In INR)|
|Delhi||500 – 1,500|
|Karnataka||500 – 1,000|
- Section 127(1), The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Section 127(2), The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Section 127(3), The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.