You cannot drive any motor vehicle in any public place if you do not hold an effective driving license. If you let someone who does not have a driving license 1 or someone who is not of the eligible age 2 to drive, to drive your vehicle on the roads, you can be punished with jail time of up to 3 months or with fine of Rs. 5,000, or both3. The applicable fine amount might vary across states.
- If Sumeysh allows his friend without a license to drive his car, then he has committed the offence of allowing an unauthorized person to drive.
- If Mustafa allows his younger brother who is not eligible to get a license because he is 15 years old, he will be punished under the law.
Given below are the fine amounts for two states:
|Type of Vehicle||Fine Amount (In INR)|
|Light Motor Vehicle|
- Section 3, The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Section 4, The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Section 180, The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.