This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Process of Negotiating your Rent Agreement:
- While negotiating you should try to first establish the identity of the person who you are going to enter into an agreement with. Having this information is important to be able to assert your rights and bargain/negotiate with the person you are entering into an agreement with. Further, if you have this information, then it will be easy for you to go to the police/court in case:
- There has been any cheating or fraud even before signing the agreement.
- There is any problem or dispute about the agreement or payments.
- While you are negotiating your agreement it is important to establish all your terms clearly and translate these terms into the written agreement as you have agreed upon verbally. Once the rent arrangement is signed:
- It cannot disputed easily. Hence, it is important to negotiate and read your agreement prior to signing it.
- If your landlord/tenant asks you for anything else which is not in the contract then you can refuse since it is not in your contract.