For a marriage to be legally recognized as a Hindu marriage, the following conditions must be met:
- The couple should be seen as Hindus by law.
- The husband is over 21 and the wife over 18 years of age when the wedding took place.
- Both husband and wife are of sound mind.
- Neither husband nor wife can be married at the time of marrying each other.
- Husband and wife are not in a prohibited relationship.
- Husband and wife are not sapindas of one another.
If any of these conditions are not met, then the law may not recognise your hindu marriage as being legal, and in some cases, you might face punishment.0