If your husband wants to remarry you after a divorce then also you have to observe a period of iddat, which is different from the iddat time period if your husband dies. In a situation where your husband wants to marry you again after divorcing you, then he has to wait till the following happens:
- You have to follow the iddat period.
- After the iddat period is over, you have to marry another man.
- You and the other man have to live together and consummate the marriage. As per the law, your marriage is considered to be consummated when you have sexual intercourse with your husband.
- The other man has to divorce you.
- You have to follow the iddat period after a divorce.
- After the iddat period is over, you can remarry your husband again.