Marriage is a contract under muslim law.1 The contract can be entered by fulfilling the following conditions:
- Both the bride and groom must give free consent for the marriage.
- The couple getting married should be of sound mind and should have attained puberty (usually 15 years). 2
- A guardian like a parent or sibling, can consent on behalf of a minor or someone not of sound mind.
- Hasina Bano v Alam Noor A.I.R 2007 Raj 49.
- Shoukat Hussian and another v. State of Punjab and others [CRWP No.733 of 2021 (O&M)].