About the Scheme
The scheme aims to improve food security of beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) by providing additional food grains free of cost over and above the allocated amount of food grains under the NFSA. The Scheme provides 5 kgs of additional food grains per person per month free of cost to beneficiaries covered under the NFSA.
Beneficiaries include all groups covered under the NFSA who have a valid ration card. These groups include Priority Households identified by respective State Governments under the Targeted Public Distribution System. It also includes families under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY).
Essentially, anyone with a valid ration card under the NFSA is eligible to avail this scheme.
How to Apply?
- Anyone with a valid ration card can avail this scheme by going to their nearest fair price/ration shop.
- Ration Cards are issued by the concerned State/UT administration. If you want to know more about applying for a ration card, read here.
Validity & Timeframe
- PMGKAY was announced in March, 2020 and has been extended till November 2021.
Websites & Links
- Link for applying for ration card under the National Food Security Act- https://ejawaab.aahaar.nic.in/portal/State_Food_Portals
- Link to the PMGKAY website – https://annavitran.nic.in/avPMGKY
- Link to Antodaya Anna Yojana https://dfpd.gov.in/pds-aay.htm