About the scheme
To reduce the illegal casual credit sources of sharecroppers and landless farmers, the Government of Odisha is providing financial support to all such farmers in the State and aims to unlock opportunities for immigrant landless farmers through this initiative.
The main aim of this scheme is to provide crop loans to 7 lakh landless farmers in the state within the next 2 years. The landless farmers will get loans through JLGs (Joint liability groups).This scheme has set a target of Rs. 1,040 crore. Each bank will finance at least 10 JLGs per year. Each JLG will have five members and can extend a loan up to Rs. 1.60 lakh. The loan would be available for normal crop loans with a rate of interest as per the existing norms of the State government.
The benefits of Odisha Balaram Yojana Scheme read:
- Approximately 70,000 groups will get farm loans.
- Each group will consist of five landless farmers.
- These farmers will get a maximum of Rs. 1.60 lakh as a loan.
- State government has decided to give a loan to seven lakh farmers in the next two years.
- Only Landless farmer residing in Odisha are eligible for this scheme.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of the scheme.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button available for the Balaram Yojana (as and when it is released by the government)..
- A new page will open on which the application form will be available.
- Enter all the required personal information and upload the required documents in the application form.
- Aadhar Card
- Identity card
- Residential certificate
- Re-check the information and then click on the Submit button.
Validity and Timeframe
As of now, the release date of the application form hasn’t been notified yet by the State government.
- Operational Guidelines for Balaram Yojana, accessed at https://agriodisha.nic.in/content/pdf/BALARAM_OG_FINAL.pdf
- The farmer eligibility for the loan will be based upon the CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau of India, ltd.) Score.
- Under this scheme, the Krushak sathis at the village level will assist farmers in the documentation process.
- All the database information about the landless farmers will be made available to krushak sathis.
- A Certificate of Cultivation (COC) will be given to each farmer on the completion of field verification by the concerned authorities.