- Defence, central armed police forces, treasury (pay and accounts offices, financial advisers, field officers of the Controller General of Accounts)
- Public utilities like CNG, LPG, PNG, disaster management, power generation, national informatics centre, early warning agencies
- Customs clearance at ports/airports/borders, GSTN, MCA 21 Registry, Reserved Bank of India and RBI regulated financial markets and entities like NPCI, CCIL, payment system operators and standalone primary dealers
All these above mentioned offices can continue to work but only with bare minimum staff.
The following offices of the State/UT Governments will remain open:
- Police, home guards, civil defence, fire and emergency services, disaster management prisons
- District administration and treasury (including field offices of the Accountant General) with bare minimum staff.
- Electricity, water, sanitation
- Municipal bodies such as sanitation, water supply.
- Resident Commissioner of States in New Delhi with bare minimum staff for coordinating Covid -19 activities.
- Agencies engaged in procurement of agricultural products, including MSP operations
- Mandis operated by the Agriculture Produce Market Committee
- Forest offices: Staff/workers required to operate and maintain zoo, nurseries, wildlife, fire fighting in forests, water plantations, patrolling and their necessary transport movement.
- Social welfare department with bare minimum staff for operations of homes for children, differently abled persons, senior citizens, destitutes, women, widows, as well as minimum staff for observation homes, pensions etc.
All other offices have the option of continuing work from home, so if you are in a private office which is not falling under these essential offices, then you will either get a leave or a work from home option.0