You are a service voter if you are currently a:
- Member of Armed Forces – Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Member of Assam Rifles, Central Reserve Police Force, Border Security Force, Seema Sashastra Bal, Indo-Tibetan Border Police, Central Industrial Security Force, General Engineering Reserve Force and Border Roads Organisation under Border Roads Development Board.
- Member of Armed police force of a state, who are serving outside of that state.
- Person who is employed by the Government of India in a post outside India, like those working for Embassies and High Commissions outside India.
- Wife of someone in any of the above
Upon leaving or retiring from any of these services, you will no longer be considered a service voter.0