This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
There is no standard amount of money awarded as maintenance for parents. It is decided on a case-by-case basis. The amount due to you will be decided by the court taking in a number of factors such as:
- Status and standard of living of the supporter and dependents.
- Your needs and requirements (reasonably calculated).
- Whether you are living separately from your supporter.
- Income, wealth and value of the supporter’s properties.
- Income, wealth and value of your properties.
- Number of persons who are to receive maintenance.
The judge will decide the duration of the maintenance to be paid but in most cases the duration is usually for the entire life of the person.0