This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
It is important to get help and support to protect yourself while complaining about any violence, harassment or discrimination you have faced. Some of the people you can approach are:
- Approach a lawyer to help you with the complaint processes or if you have to go to Court. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you can approach the District Legal Service Authority in your district for free legal aid. For example, Delhi Legal Service Authority.
- If you cannot find a lawyer, then approach NGOs who will help you through the process of filing an FIR and put you in touch with lawyers.
Protection and Shelter
You can approach any NGO, civil society organization or institution that works for LGBTQ+ rights. They may be able to help you by:
- Assisting you in case you are in trouble or if you need immediate help
- Providing shelter, employment opportunities and counselling to help you overcome the problems you are facing.
Employment Related Support
- Approach the registered Trade Union in your office. They will be able to help you with your grievances at your workplace.
- You can also approach NGOs or institutions who work on LGBTQ+ Rights who will be able to provide employment opportunities or put you in touch with people who can.